We are so privileged to have a plethora of small businesses here in Cambridge with great gifting options for this holiday season. Here, in no particular order, are a few of our favorite local businesses we love to support and spread the word about.
- Fresh Pond Tea Company,: Tea and makes a great gift, especially in the cold months. Order from a selection of the world’s finest blended, organic teas, botanicals, and teaware from this Cambridge-based tea importer and wholesaler. Link to Online Store.
- NOMAD, 1771 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02140: Haven’t been able to scratch your traveler’s itch in a while? Head to NOMAD for fabulous gifts, jewelry, clothing, folk art housewares, books - mostly from Mexico and India.
- Harvard Book Store, 1256 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138: With an incredibly knowledgeable staff and one of the most impressive in-person shopping selections, you will find the right literary gift match for any reader. The store also offers fun swag ranging from tote bags to notebooks.
It’s our Cambridge gift guide, so we can break the rules - we couldn’t help but include these two of our favorite spots just around the corner in Belmont!
- Local Root, 77 Leonard St, Belmont, MA 02478: Local Root, The Kitchen Store by Didriks, sells top-notch culinary tools from around the world. An exceptional place to find the best kitchen knives, glassware, cutting boards and much more. They also offer a superb knife sharpening service, just in time for the next holiday feast!
- Belmont Books, 79 Leonard St, Belmont, MA 02478: Best Bookstore and gift shop in the Boston area. The second floor is devoted exclusively to children's books, the likes of which you'll see nowhere else. It’s the hippest place to shop for unusual gifts, cards, games (for both adults and children).